Swidget 1.0

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Personal Time with Jesus - Day 4



Mary's Song

Mary responded, “Oh, how my soul praises the Lord. How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior! For he took notice of his lowly servant girl, and from now on all generations will call me blessed. For the Mighty One is holy, and he has done great things for me. He shows mercy from generation to generation to all who fear him. His mighty arm has done tremendous things! He has scattered the proud and haughty ones. He has brought down princes from their thrones and exalted the humble. He has filled the hungry with good things and sent the rich away with empty hands. He has helped his servant Israel and remembered to be merciful. For he made this promise to our ancestors, to Abraham and his children forever.” -Luke 1:46-55

Wow! is Mary an amazing women or what. Moore explains in her study today how this passage gives us a glimpse of several facts about Mary; her excitement (her spirit rejoiced in God), her love of scripture (this passage reflects many Old Testament passages), her humility (she replies that all generations will call be blessed, but not out of pride, but shock), and her experience (she was just a plain, simple, ordinary girl chosen by God). She was a model of all these behaviors during a time when she probably felt so totally overwhelmed and scared. I pray today that you and I can think about these aspects of Mary's life and try to exemplify them in our lives.

Join me daily as I journey through Beth Moore's Jesus: 90 Days with the One and Only.

No comments:

Post a Comment