Swidget 1.0

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Personal Time with Jesus - Day 2



How Can This Be?

Mary asked the angel, “But how can this happen? I am a virgin.”
The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God. What’s more, your relative Elizabeth has become pregnant in her old age! People used to say she was barren, but she’s now in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God.” Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” And then the angel left her. -Luke 1:34-38

How would you respond if the Angel Gabriel had come to you while you were engaged to be married and had yet to be physically intimate with your spouse? Would you respond like Mary, "I am the Lord's servant. May everything you have said about me come true." I can guarantee my response would have been different. What does it take to have the faith of Mary?

Join me daily as I journy through Beth Moore's Jesus: 90 Days with the One and Only.

1 comment:

  1. I just love this story about Mary. It really is the epitome of ultimate submission and servanthood - Mary knew the truth, that she was a virgin, and yet it is highly doubtful that anyone would believe her, as all the evidence pointed otherwise. Mary walked in truth and submission, and through that God had the opportunity to breathe his life and blessing on her as the mother of Christ! May we all be willing to be servants of God like Mary chose to be.

    ReplyDelete