Swidget 1.0

Friday, April 10, 2009

Frugal Friday: Homemade Peanut Butter

I have a friend who has been making her peanut butter for a while now and keeps telling me about it. I however, have been very leary because peanut butter is on thing I am very brand specific with and really didn't think I would be able to come up with something better. Well, I did! You have got to try it, I think it is the most wonderful peanut butter I have actually had.

All you need is a jar/can of peanuts, honey, and oil. This recipe is another one that has reminded me how much I love my food processor.


You put 2 C. peanuts, 1 T. honey, and a dash of salt (I used lightly salted peanuts, so I didn't add any salt) into the food processor and turn on. While it is go slowly add a few T. of oil, I used 4 and think next time I will use a little less. But you need to find the right amount for how you like your peanut butter.

As you are processing your peanut butter it will first be chunky, then form a ball that will roll around your processor and keep going until you get a smooth nice looking peanut butter.

My final price was about $1.50, but I didn't really search for a good peanut deal. Really the cost of your peanut butter can be as low as you can get the cost of your peanuts. I will now start looking for some great deals on peanuts.

Since we made our peanut butter my daughter loves to have peanut butter dippers. I simply cut up fruits and vegetables and put them on a plate with a scoop of peanut butter and she dips everything in. It's her new favorite for breakfast, lunch, and snack. Life is fun with a toddler!

Fine more frugal Friday tips visit Life as Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment