Swidget 1.0

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Securing Protections from Harm - Day 3

This chapter is difficult to read because Omartian talks alot about how we must pray over and for our children to keep them protected, like when her son was in a car accident. She believes that he was not harmed seriously because she had prayed for his safety in the car. I do belive in prayer and the power of prayer, but I struggle with the flip side that would mean if you don't pray or pray for each aspect/event in their lives if something bad happens it is only because you didn't pray. I know we live in a fallen world and believe that even when we pray bad things will/can happen. God has a plan and we are called to pray for him put a hedge around our children, but also must be real and know that they do live in this fallen world. In the end, this chapter was somewhat confusing to me and I would love to hear your thoughts on this chapter.




He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under teh shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust. - Psalm 91:1-2

Join me in my daily bible study as I read through The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartain.

No comments:

Post a Comment