Swidget 1.0

Monday, March 2, 2009

Releasing My Child into God's Hands - Day 2

Chapter two is a good but difficult chapter to read. I know that we are called to lift our children up to God and know that he is utimately in control, but I think too often I really deep down want to think that I am in control and know what is best. Omartian made a good statement that I think I need to keep as a reminder and explination that when we allow God to be incontrol and let his plans happen it will take the pressures off me and parenting will become more enjoyable. She also talks about how limiting we really are to our children when we think we know what is best and don't allow and encourage God to have total freedom to do his will. As hard as it is we must release our chilren to His hands and know that he will create his perfect plan in them and our job is to lift them up to him and cover their lives (now and the future) with prayer.



If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! - Matthew 7:1

Join me in my daily bible study as I read through The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartain.

No comments:

Post a Comment