Swidget 1.0

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Instilling the Desire to Learn - Day 14

I was reminded today how vital it is for us as parents to be praying for our children. Tonight I saw two different groups of middle school/high school age groups hanging out at Starbucks and through the night both groups of girls left one girl while the others left with boys who came along. Both of these girls were left sitting along at Starbucks and where then picked up by their parents. I was praying for these kids and my daughter a lot through watching this experience.


Anyway, this chapter was on a totally different area of our children's lives. Omartian encourages us to pray that our children will have a desire and peace about their ability to learn. I really like that she states that, "true knowledge and understanding begin with and come from the Lord." How true is this, but I have never thought about praying for this area of life for myself or my kids.





My son, if you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you, so that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; yes, if you cry out for discernment, and life up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. -Proverbs 2:1-5

Join me in my daily bible study as I read through The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartain.

No comments:

Post a Comment