Swidget 1.0

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Honoring Parents and Resisting Rebellion - Day 6

Honor you parents is a camandment I have know for a long time, but never thought about it in terms of being the parent and teaching my child to honor me. Omartian says when a child is resisting you it is actually pride that is being put into action and then stubborness that will keep a child resisting you. So, as a parent we must make sure you are identifying and destorying the pride and selfishness through prayer to help break our children from rebellion. My favorite line from this chapert was, "teaching becomes easier when prayer paves the way."

For we do not wrestle against flesh and bloog, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. - Ephesians 6:12

Join me in my daily bible study as I read through The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartain.

No comments:

Post a Comment