Swidget 1.0

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Following Truth, Rejecting Lies - Day 11

In this chapter Omartian stresses the importance of teaching our children to be honest. In her house lying is the worse offense the children could do because she sees lying as the foundation for all other evil acts. As I thought about this, I realized how true this statement is and I had never thought about lying that way. She explains to her children that, "every time you lie you give Satan a piece of your heart." We need to pray for God to give us, as parents, guidance as to how to handle lying and how to know when our children are being dishonest. As a teacher, I struggled with this many times. When you talk to all children involved in an incident and you get differing responses from them all, as parents we need to pray and ask God to help reveal the truth and guide us in the situation.


A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who speaks lies will not escape. -Proverbs 19:5

Join me in my daily bible study as I read through The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartain.

No comments:

Post a Comment