Swidget 1.0

Monday, March 9, 2009

Developing a Hunger for the Things of God - Day 9

In this chapter Omartian encourages us to pray that our children will develop a hunger for God. To do this she says you must also fear God meaning you, "have a deeply committed respect, love, and reverence for God's authority and power. It means being afraid of what life would be like without Him and being grateful that because of His love we'll never experience such despair. It means hungering for all that God is and all that He has for us." Wouldn't this be amazing if we all had this type of hunger for God. I can only pray that I can pass this onto my children.

Blessed for those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. -Matthew 5:6

Join me in my daily bible study as I read through The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartain.

No comments:

Post a Comment